The 'Reel Life' DVD provides a fascinating glimpse into Saturday afternoons of the last 100 years through examples of films and sound interviews held in the public archives. The material is grouped into six themes, covering everything from shopping to skateboarding.
Produced in partnership with the British Library Sound Archive, SEMLAC, Screen Archive South East, University of Brighton and Wessex Film and Sound Archive.
The cost of £5.00 includes UK postage and packing.
DVD containing an exciting collection of films and sounds related to :
- Street Life in Petersfield (1919), Canterbury (1923-24) and Winchester (1960s)?
- The Opening of the SS Brighton Swimming Pool (1934)?
- Surfing in Sussex and Cornwall from the 1930s to the present day?
- Rollerskating in Southsea (1930s-60s)?
- Tourist publicity films from Margate and Southsea?
- The Reading Jazz and Rock Festival (1972)?
- Hop-picking in Kent in the 1930s
- Parades in Brighton, Bexhill and the Isle of Wight
- Family films from the 1930s-1960s with commentaries